Tuesday 27 October 2009

Travel: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.


Okay, so basically, I had to leave Thailand on a Visa Run as my visa was due to expire on October 19th. You can get buses to the Laos Border, Cambodian border or just fly anywhere. I decided to go to Singapore, not by plane, but by a bus. Three buses to be precise. Bus 1 from Bangkok to Haad Yai. Bus 2 from Haad Yai to Kuala Lumpur and Bus 3 from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore - a total of 36 hours or 1800km.

After travelling for like 27 hours total, I had finally made it to Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur (KL) is a rapidly changing city with a fine selection of shopping malls, restaurants and good transport links across the city. Also, the buildings and the way they are built captured my interest. Because Malaysia is a majority Muslim country, a lot of middle eastern design is incorporated into structures and buildings. Which for me was a great photo taking oppotunity. Out of all the buildings that I had took photos of, there is one that will always stay in mind - the Petronas Towers. It would be very fair, if not an understatement to call them the jewel's of Malaysia. Taking 6 years to construct and standing tall at 1482ft, it is easily the most noticable buildings in the capital. I recommend the best time for taking photos of the building is at night as both of the towers are fully lit up.

Wicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment