Saturday 20 February 2010

Fixed Gear Culture: Fixed Gear Girl Taiwan



FGGT - Fixed Gear Girl Taiwan are an all girl Fixed Gear crew from Taipei in Taiwan. I was linked up to FGGT's blog by a fellow fixie kid in the UK. I contacted FGGT about documenting them and then I flew out to Taipei to meet them. I spent a day riding around Taipei with them taking photos and learning more about FGGT and how it all started. They were all really friendly - irrelevent of the language barrier which was all good.

We first met up at the Chiang Krai Shek memorial gate where I took many photos of the girls in action on their fixies. We then headed to Zhongxiao Xinsheng before heading over to Taipei 101. I had the priviledge of been given a fixed gear bike to ride for a leg of the journey. This day was probably one of the best days of my life so far. Just imagine it; first day in a new country, riding a wicked bike with a 10+ bunch of hot girls. It was immense! I would like to thank Fox Chen and all of the FGGT team for a great first day out in Taipei!

FGGT - HOT CHICKS YES!

Riding from Zhongxiao Xinsheng to Taipei 101.

Just cruisin'

More or less every Fixed Gear kid I met wears VANS in Taipei.

I climbed up a building to get this shot.

One of the guys who tags along with FGGT - Tricks is his thing!

The girls at Chiang Krai Shek Memorial, Taipei.

No comments:

Post a Comment