Saturday 20 February 2010

Graffiti: TAIPEI GRAFFITI!

So during my time in Taipei, I obviously had to go out and document the local street art scene. It was clear that there was a few 'hardcore' bombers who had most of Taipei City on lockdown. Those writers being; UDON, CHEK, HARSH and DABS. There was quite a lot of legal commisioned pieces in Taipei but also a lot of bombing too.

Whist in Taiwan, I got the chance to meet CHEK. He was a real inspiration with wise words that would stimulate any writer. I would ride of on my own around Taipei on my Fixed Gear for miles out of the city and just keep seeing CHEK tags all over. You know your a true bombing king when you got a capital city on lock down like CHEK has. Props to CHECK and the IVP family for there inspiration and networking.


I found that the Ximen area is where most of the decent graffiti is in Taipei.

I love DABS handstyle in this tag.

HARSH - a writer from California who has a large proportion of Taipei on lockdown.

CHEK - Taiwans most prolific bomber.

Love this rooftop throwie by CHEK.

City Marx Character

Writers are taking their paintings to roof top level in Taipei regularly.

CHEK CHEK CHEK CHEK CHEK CHEK CHEK CHEK CHEK CHEK CHEK

No comments:

Post a Comment